– 2 Tablespoons Butter (Margerine)
– 1/2 Tablespoon Flour
– 2 Cups milk
– 1 LB. Extra Sharp Cheddar (shredded)
– ½ LB. Monterey Jack (shredded)
– 1 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
– 2 teaspoons mustard powder
– 1 Cup Mayo (light) - yes believe it or not (secret ingrediant)
– 1 Cup Sour Cream
– 12oz Elbow Macaroni Noodles
– 1/2 Cup Panko
In saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon of flour over medium heat. Cook until the roux starts. At that point, add 1/2 cup of the milk or cream and stir until sauce thickens. Add an additional milk or cream and stir for 1-2 minutes. Make sure it is not thick, add more milk to losen.
Next add grated cheese to sauce slowly stirring until the cheese is blended and sauce is smooth and creamy. Add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce at this point.
Mix together pasta, sauce, mayo and sour cream and pour into a dish. sprayed with a good non-stick spray
Blend (Food Processor) 1 tablespoon of butter with the panco, sprinle on top.
Bake at 350 degree for about 1 hour (or until mac & cheese becomes hot and bubbly). Dont over bake or cheese starts to dry.